One night, my impulsive workmates decided to sleep at our house. My mother prepared buttered shrimp and other seafoods for our lunch. But, this Buttered Shrimp was a blockbuster! And was word of the mouth at the office. So I decided to share this simple recipe to all of you.
1/2 kilo Shrimp
1/2 cup Sprite
1/2 cup Butter
5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 T Sugar
Chili Flakes (optional)
1. In a bowl, marinade the shrimp with sprite for about 15 minutes.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter.
3. Saute the garlic. Add the chili flakes.
4. Add the shrimp (set aside the sprite), salt and pepper.
5. When the shrimp turns orange, add the sprite, calamansi juice and sugar.
6. When it simmer, transfer it in a bowl and Wah lah! You have the most delicious buttered shrimp!